Blue Mountain Village Foundation and Grey County Tourism are pleased to offer an exceptional two day train journey onboard the award-winning Rocky Mountaineer Take a trip through the majestic Pacific Northwest and Canadian Rockies valued at up to $4,900. The successful bidder will receive a package which includes:
- Two "GoldLeaf Service" adult tickets on the First Passage to the West route, or Journey through the Clouds routes on the Rocky Mountaineer, eastbound or westbound travel
- Fully domed windows with unparalleled panoramic views
- Comfortable, spacious, fully reclining seats with interactive and captivating storytelling along with personalized service from Rocky Mountaineer Hosts
- Hot gourmet breakfast and lunch prepared by talented GoldLeaf Service chefs, served in the elegant GoldLeaf Service dining room onboard the train on both days
- Complimentary alcoholic beverages and gourmet snacks on the Rocky Mountaineer
- Overnight hotel accommodation at the end of day one in Kamloops
Proceeds from this auction will be used to create a bursary or memorial donation to Georgian Bay Community School
in Meaford in memoriam for Don Braden, former President of the Blue Mountain Village Association, who passed away in May of 2015.
*Trips must be taken during the 2018 Season (prior to October 15) and must be booked six weeks in advance.
**Transportation to and from departure points is not included in the auction.
Don Braden was a passionate and tireless advocate for tourism in Blue Mountains, Grey County and across Ontario. He served on the Town of the Blue Mountains Integrated Sustainability Committee and the Transition Team for RTO7. He was a dedicated chair of both the Georgian Bay Destination Development Partnership and the Grey County Tourism Advisory Committee, respected director of the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario and esteemed President of the Blue Mountain Village Foundation and Association. You can find a memorial sculpture in tribute to Don in Blue Mountain Village.
While Don's contribution to the community was immense, his most cherished accomplishments were his children. He was a passionate and dedicated father.
Click here for a more complete Memoriam of Don Braden
Grey County recently won a Rocky Mountaineer Certificate in a prize draw through Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC.) With support from Grey County Tourism Advisory Committee, Grey County decided to donate this prize to the Blue Mountain Village Foundation to raise funds for a memorial tribute for Don Braden. Grey County is grateful to TIAC and the Rocky Mountaineer for their support with this auction.
Certificate Redemption Rules:
Mountaineer In-House Vacation Consultant at 1-866-686-3672, or email: [email protected]. Please quote the Certificate number.
- Reservations should be made at least six (6) weeks prior to your departure.
- Please note these important points when planning your trip:
- Use of this Certificate constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- Rocky Mountaineer reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time with or without notice to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- This trip must be taken before the end of the 2018 season which runs from April 18 to October 15, 2018. Refer to the 2018 brochures or www.rockymountaineer.com for departure dates.
- Under no circumstances may this Certificate be extended past the expiry date.
- Rocky Mountaineer is not responsible for lost, stolen or defaced Certificates.
- Reservations are based upon availability of space for the period requested. Blackout dates apply.
- The original hardcopy of the Certificate must be received by Rocky Mountaineer before the booking will be confirmed and travel documents released.
- This Certificate has no cash value, is non-transferable and cannot be redeemable for cash.
- Non-commissionable to Travel Agents.
- Any items of a personal nature, air or ground transportation ( other than that detailed above), upgrades, tour addons, return transportation or gratuities are the responsibility of the individual traveler.
- Rocky Mountaineer makes no warranties or conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to Certificates. Rocky Mountaineer is not liable for any failure or inability to use Certificates in accordance with the outlined terms and conditions.
CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR BIDS NOW*
Starting bid at $1,500 -- $50 Bid Increments -- Auction Opened July 11, 2018
*You are bidding via email and will receive a personal email acknowledment. Should your bid amount already be placed, you will be notified. Every effort will be made to post the as set current bid daily on this page by 5pm during business hours.
Auction Closes on August 3rd, 2018 at midnight and winner will be notified by email
CURRENT SET BID (As of July 13, 2018 at 2:40PM) -- $4,200