Blue Mountain Village Foundation Manager
Job Posted By: Blue Mountain Village Association
Blue Mountain Village Foundation (BMVF) Manager Employment Opportunity
Who We Are:
The Blue Mountain Village Foundation supports local charitable organizations located in South Georgian Bay (including Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, Stayner, Town of the Blue Mountains, Meaford, Duntroon, Singhampton, Kimberley & Creemore). We raise funds via an annual golf tournament as well as other events and activations. Since our inception over 10 years ago, we have raised more than one million dollars that has been invested back into our community through meaningful and necessary programs and support services. We are currently developing a new and exciting vision and strategic plan in order to help us to innovate and address social gaps within our community. We will achieve this through advocacy, fundraising, program delivery and effective marketing of BMVF.
We are recruiting a Foundation Manager to work with the Board of Directors on a part-time basis to help the Foundation achieve its goals. This important role consists of the following key areas of focus:
- Community Engagement – (strategic planning, group facilitation, key stakeholder relationship building, policy/cause advocacy and public speaking)
- Fundraising & Events – (sponsorship program development, direct sales, creative event/fundraising concept development, planning and execution, annual golf tournament)
- Program Delivery – (grant making and scholarship program process development, management and deployment)
- Communications & Marketing – (digital and social media, promotions, media relations, experiential activations)
- Board Facilitation & Administration – (Prepare for Board meetings, agendas & facilitation of meetings alongside Board Chair, oversee and manage staff, partners and volunteers, measurement and financial/progress reporting)
The Foundation Manager works with a volunteer administrative support team provided by Blue Mountain Village Association (founding partner), including but not limited to: administrative assistance, event support, finance and marketing/communications.
The position will have an initial term of one year with an opportunity to extend into a multi-year term. We anticipate the position requiring the equivalent of one day of work per week (8-10 hours per week) during the year, with a scaling-up of days/hours required leading up to key fundraising events and activations.
The Foundation Manager must possess the following skills and abilities:
- 5 years of overall related management experience
- Degree, diploma, certificate in fundraising management or relevant credentials
- Project management
- Event coordination
- Fundraising, personal selling & relationship building
- Sponsorship sales and service
- Financial acumen & budget preparation
- Communication and outreach
- Digital marketing and social media
- Not-for-profit management and operations
- Facilitation, committee & working with Boards of Directors
- Strategic planning
Who to Contact:
Please submit your resume for consideration to Andrew Siegwart, President, Blue Mountain Village Foundation at [email protected].
Deadline for applications is October 15, 2019.