Garden Experience Technician – Seasonal Full Time Position Job Posting
The Blue Mountain Village Association (BMVA) is a not-for-profit association with a vision to be the first-choice, year-round destination for those seeking personalized and authentic experiences that create lasting memories.
We do this by maintaining all common areas and facilities in the Blue Mountain Village, hosting award-winning festivals and events, marketing locally & internationally, decorating for each season, providing security, beautifying through landscaping, snow & garbage removal, offering shuttle service for members and guests, operating the Plunge Aquatic Centre, and maintaining key Village infrastructure. BMVA also liaises with all levels of government on behalf of its members to ensure that the Village and the region experience positive economic growth.
The Village experience comprises outdoor adventures and activities, hotels & lodging, restaurants, retail stores, unique services, festivals, nature experiences, a public streetscape and more – open 365 days a year.
The Garden Experience Technician
works closely with our Operations Manager to ensure that our gardens are created and maintained at a world class level. Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Weeding, edging, raking and cultivation of soil and garden areas
- Pruning and trimming of annuals, perennials and evergreen/deciduous shrubs
- Identifying plants health and communicate findings with Operations Manager
- Planting/transplanting of trees, plants and shrubs
- Pruning of small trees, hedge trimming (up to 20 feet)
- Litter picking in garden areas
- Installation of soils and mulches
- Operating hand tools and power equipment (blower, hedge trimmer, etc)
- Applying fertilizers, stake trees, lay sod and water gardens when required
- Making suggestion to Operations Manager as to how to improve gardens
- Providing insight and knowledge on gardening best practices and concepts
The position will be a 6 month contract from May 2018 until October 26th
, 2018. Schedule for this role will vary depending on business needs and weather conditions; up to 40 hours a week (weather pending). Candidates must be able to work the entire 6 month contract.
Pay Range $17.00 - $18.00 per hour depending on experience.
Ideal candidates will be creative, have a passion for gardening, have experience in the maintenance of gardens, are strong team players, enjoy variety in their work, are diplomatic, service-oriented and have a strong attention to detail.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Candidates can also drop resumes off in person to The Blue Mountain Village Association office located at 796455 Grey Road 19, 2nd floor which is across from the entrance to The Toronto Ski Club.