Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Department: Marketing and Events
Contact: Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Posting Closes: November 14, 2019
To deliver the Association’s marketing plan supporting key strategic priorities:
improved member/stakeholder communication and engagement, festivals and events promotion, destination marketing.
This role is a blend of planning and creative execution as well as project management. Understanding the consumer, collecting and leveraging data and focused measurement to drive organizational accountability are key drivers of this role.
- Execute the Association's marketing plan, including, but not limited to:
- Delivering on the goals, objectives, measures with colleagues that support key business needs as outlined in Position Purpose above
- Social media audience engagement and growth
- Media Relations
- Storytelling, content creation
- Measure and report on effectiveness of all marketing and communication activities ensuring continual optimization.
- Lead the signature Apple Pie Trail program including: stakeholder communication, key marketing deliverables, itinerary and experience development and special events throughout the year.
- Represent the Village at promotional events, familiarization initiatives and trade shows
- Build and maintain project websites
- Manage and build social media content on a day to day basis
- Coordinate communication and promotional campaigns including public relations, direct mail, email newsletters, print, video, radio and social media, on-site signage, etc.
- Participate in media appearances when needed
- Ensure Visitor Information Centre and VIC staff are equipped with the most current and applicable information
- Work with Marketing Manager to deploy data collection activities
- Follow key marketing and communications related budgets
- Provide administrative support to the Director Marketing and Events and President as required
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
Due to the cyclical nature of the tourism industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Village.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the Association.
o Professionally represent the Association by participating in and/or conducting industry functions (tourism and event meetings, media activities, industry events, etc.).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess strong project management and time management skills
- Must possess a passion for live music
- Experience curating content and executing social media initiatives on platforms including; websites, facebook, Instagram, twitter, youtube, analytics, UGC, newsletters
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most work tasks are performed independently.
- Complete knowledge of Village stakeholders and commercial members, their products and services
- Ability to develop effective presentations.
- Desire to participate as part of a team and demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Use effective listening skills.
- Ability to negotiate and create win-win solutions.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, social media platforms
- Most work tasks are performed indoors with a variety of outdoor tasks as required seasonally.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 7 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. This includes travelling to and from the Village, meetings and may include vehicle travel. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally and be in good physical condition.
College level diploma or University degree in relevant field
Two years of marketing experience
Licenses or Certificates
Drivers License required
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.