Position Title: Marketing Manager
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Department: Marketing and Events
Contact: Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Posting Closes: October 24, 2019
To create and deliver the Association’s marketing plan supporting key strategic priorities:
member/stakeholder communication and engagement, festivals and events promotion, destination market development, tourism product development, sponsorship sales and service.
This leadership role is a blend of strategy and planning as well as project management. Understanding the consumer, collecting and leveraging data and focused measurement to drive organizational accountability are key drivers of this role.
- Develop and lead Association’s marketing plan, including, but not limited to:
- Develop strategies, goals, objectives, measures with Marketing Director that support key business needs as outlined in Position Purpose above
- Develop marketing processes, templates, tools and style guides
- Manage strategic stakeholder relationships including; commercial members, resort marketing teams, tourism partners and other BMVA members.
- Develop public relations, media and FAM programs and initiatives.
- Content direction and planning for all channels including; web, social, print, newsletters, advertising, 3rd party platforms
- 3rd party supplier management
- Measure and report on effectiveness of all marketing and communication activities ensuring continual optimization.
- Lead the signature Apple Pie Trail program including annual marketing plan, membership, management and reporting.
- Steward the BMVA brand
- Develop innovative sponsorship plans, processes and sales initiatives.
- Represent the Village at promotional events, familiarization initiatives and trade shows
- Manage key marketing and communications related budgets
- Provide administrative support to the Direct Marketing and Events and President as required
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
Due to the cyclical nature of the tourism industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Village.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the Association.
o Professionally represent the Association by participating in and/or conducting industry functions (tourism and event meetings, media activities, industry events, etc.).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience with project management processes
- Strong time management and team management skills
- Must possess a passion for live music
- Experience developing, managing and producing digital media initiatives on platforms including; websites, facebook, Instagram, twitter, youtube, analytics, UGC
- Experience developing tourism products
- Experience with marketing, research, data management and reporting
- Strong guest services experience
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most work tasks are performed independently.
- Complete knowledge of Village commercial members, their products and services
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Desire to participate as part of a team and demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Ability to negotiate and create win-win solutions.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, social media platforms
- Most work tasks are performed indoors with a variety of outdoor tasks as required seasonally.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 7 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. This includes travelling to and from the Village, meetings and may include vehicle travel. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally and be in good physical condition.
College level diploma or University degree in relevant field
Seven years of related marketing experience
Licenses or Certificates
Drivers License required
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.