Assistant Store Manager
Job Posted By: Little Blue House
Position is at the Little Blue House location. This position will require assisting the Hatley Scoops in the summer season. The candidate selected will be sent to obtain their Food Safety Certificate if they do not have it already.
Hatley Little Blue House is a leading Canadian company designing and manufacturing better apparel and giftware for the whole family. In business for 30 years, Hatley is best known for its fun, well designed and nature-inspired products. It’s Hatley’s mission to manufacture quality garments in an ecologically responsible way, and to give back to the community. Sold in 30 corporately owned stores, online, and in over 4000 independent boutiques around the world, Hatley is one of Canada’s fastest growing retail brands. With a dedicated and passionate team of motivated people, Hatley offers an inspiring and dynamic work environment. Visit our website and read more about Hatleys’ fun-filled story.
The role of an Assistant Manager is to assist and replace Manager when out of the store. Responsible for effectively running all store operations and activities. To deliver an exceptional customer store experience through knowledgeable, friendly and efficient service while following the direction of the Store Manager. Candidates applying must be available to work Full Time (40 hrs/week), available to work weekends and some evenings
- Provide leadership and guidance to all staff.
- Set an example for all staff by demonstrating superior communication and customer service skills.
- Ensure timely communication of product knowledge, systems training, customer service skills, merchandising techniques and issues of security to all employees.
- Staff coaching and development.
- Continually keep lines of communication open with senior management.
- Ensure completion of payroll & paid time off records.
- Minimum 2 years Retail experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong merchandising skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid planning skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Personal discipline
- Exceptional time management & organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to learn and understand administrative responsibilities
- Ability to delegate
Why Hatley? Why not make Hatley your home away from home....
- Opportunity to diversify your skill set by participating in different projects
- Opportunity to make a big impact
- Relaxed family-like environment
- Working with dynamic staff
- Personable, friendly staff
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Who to Contact:
Please apply on indeed, here.