Position Title: Village Ambassador
Reports To: Event Manager
Department: Marketing and Events
Duration: Part-time weekends and holidays NOW – June 30th
Full-time July 1 – Sept. 7, 2020
Part-time weekends and holidays Sept. 12 – Oct. 18, 2020
Compensation: Competitive Hourly Rates Applies
Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Blue Mountain Village Association (BMVA) is a not-for-profit association with a vision to be the first-choice, year-round destination for those seeking personalized and authentic experiences that create lasting memories.
We do this by maintaining all common areas and facilities in the Blue Mountain Village, hosting award-winning festivals and events, marketing locally & internationally, decorating for each season, providing security, beautifying through landscaping, snow & garbage removal, offering shuttle service for members and guests, operating the Plunge Aquatic Centre, and maintaining key Village infrastructure. BMVA also liaises with all levels of government on behalf of its members to ensure that the Village and the region experience positive economic growth.
Your priority will be to assist the Event Manager and Supervisor in the Village with the highest possible level of service, enthusiasm and professionalism. In accordance with BMVA strategic objectives and yearly business plan, this position is responsible for information services, guest communication, and traffic management throughout the Village.
• Be a Village ambassador, communicate and connect with resort partners, suppliers, stakeholders and visitors in line with the Village brand and BMVA strategy to develop memorable guest experiences.
• Educate and direct guests on the NEW traffic-flow management plan and Personal Responsibility Code.
• Thorough knowledge of the Resort, Village attractions, and the surrounding area.
• Ensure guests, Village talent or third party partners are following all Village policies and protocols (risk management, health and safety regulations, and fire code specifications).
• Act as a liaison with BMR Security and Operations Lead.
• Assessing guests upon entry to the Village using key messaging.
• Provide task oriented support to the Event and/or Operations Manager, as required.
• Manage guest conflicts, following an established process of resolution.
Regular attendance in conformance with BMVA standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the tourism industry, employees are required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Village. Weekends and holidays are required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with BMVA code of conduct and approved fire and safety plan for the safe and effective operation of the Village facilities. Employees who violate code of conduct or fire and safety plan will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Requires excellent communication skills.
• Many work tasks are performed independently.
• Complete knowledge of Village commercial partners, their products and services
• Desire to participate as part of a team and demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Use effective listening skills.
• Manage time well, correctly prioritizing tasks.
• Ability to manage guest complaints.
• WHIMIS training provide by BMVA if required
• Most work tasks are performed outdoors
• Must be able to stand in an outdoor environment for up to 7-10 hours per day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally and be in good physical condition.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
One year of experience in the service industry preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
Driver’s license required for the purposes of operating golf cart and/or gator.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.