Job Posted By: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Blue Mountain
Position Title: Host
Department: Food and Beverage Operations
Reports To: Front of House Management Team
Under the direction of the Front of House Management Team, our Hosts create a positive guest experience
that begins with a proper greeting. They maintain an efficient and organized restaurant through managing
guest flow, maximizing seating capacity and communicating with all employees. Hosts leave a lasting
impression with all guests through their professionalism and attention to detail.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Effectively manage guest flow to maximize seating capacity.
• Communicate with Servers, Bartenders and Managers to maintain proper guest flow throughout the
• Escort guests to their table, engage them in conversation and seat them accordingly.
• Accurately take reservations and modify guest status in Open Table.
• Develop a briefing sheet before each shift that will inform co-workers of shows/concerts, special
events and NBs.
• Possess a working knowledge of the restaurant trade area (location, surroundings, nearby attractions,
• Ensure that the front entrance, host stand and surrounding areas are fully stocked and free from
clutter and debris.
• Know all table numbers and maintain awareness of which servers are in each section.
• Fill out detailed special request forms for birthdays, anniversaries, NBs, etc. and ensure that all coworkers
• Maintain the cleanliness of the washrooms by completing checks regularly throughout shift.
• Follow all food safety standards and systems.
• Other duties as assigned or required.
• A Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality or in pursuit of desirable
• High attention to detail
• Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
• Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
• Minimum 1 year experience in customer service, restaurant experience considered an asset
View Full Job Posting (PDF)
Who to Contact:
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org