Job Posted By: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Blue Mountain
Whether in our kitchens, dining rooms, event venues or offices, our singular purpose is to captivate guests with our unparalleled quality, service, and food and wine knowledge. We achieve this only through the excellence, innovation and passion of our team members. If you are seeking a rewarding career that involves first rate training and education, mentoring and development, attractive compensation, and inspiring rewards and recognition, consider joining O&B.
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive wages.
· Gratuity sharing.
· A comprehensive group benefits program.
· Training and development opportunities.
· Staff dining discount.
· Discounted ski pass.
· $1,500 per month signing bonus for the first 2 months of employment
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time. Cleanliness is maintained throughout service and they gladly honour guest special requests.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager.
· Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to O&B standards.
· Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant.
· Maintain a prep list of station duties.
· Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness.
· Assist in food inventory and control.
· Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items.
· Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines.
· Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines.
· Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
· 1-2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant.
· Culinary diploma/degree is an asset.
· Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
· Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
· Able to spend 100% of the time standing.
Part-time hours: 44 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Salary: $17.00-$21.00 per hour
Discounted or free food
10 hour shift
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
The Blue Mountains, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Day Shift (preferred)
Night Shift (preferred)
View Full Job Posting (PDF)
Who to Contact:
We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **