Event Sous Chef
Job Posted By: Oliver Bonacini
Whether in our kitchens, dining rooms, event venues or offices, our singular purpose is to captivate guests with our unparalleled quality, service, and food and wine knowledge. We achieve this only through the excellence, innovation and passion of our team members. If you are seeking a rewarding career that involves first rate training and education, mentoring and development, attractive compensation, and inspiring rewards and recognition, consider joining Oliver and Bonacini Restaurants.
Our Events Sous Chefs have a proven track record of cooking in a demanding environment as well as experience in recruiting, training, development and overall management of their cooks. They are hands on with cooking and managing their teams.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with various clients to prepare a variety of balanced, attractive and cost effective menu options
- Prepare appropriate recipes & ensure that all required supplies, resources and materials are purchased, ordered and available when needed
- Execute client menu tastings and lead the execution for all offsite catering events, ensuring that all required preparation, delivery, set-up, service, and take down responsibilities are properly and efficiently executed
- In conjunction with the Chef de Cuisine, develop customized seasonal menus inclusive of menu specifications and tasting notes
- Perform all types of high volume food production and preparation duties
- Write production sheets and production lists, perform various inventory, receiving and quality control tasks, consistently monitoring kitchen operations and cleanliness
- Build and maintain relationships with team members and front of house management alike, reinforcing the O&B values daily
- Ensure fiscal responsibility for food and labour costs for each event
- As a leader, build a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and cooking
- Conduct recruitment and selection, training and development initiatives as well as scheduling, performance management and employee coaching; assist in bi-annual reviews
- Maintain excellent client and employee communications and relations to continuously improve the quality of provided services, resolve problems, and facilitate the acceptance and implementation of new services.
- Lead staff briefings and meetings
- Demonstrates high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote O&Bs Catering services
- Represent O&B at special demonstrations, special events, or theme activities to promote the company
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Minimum of three (3) years progressive experience as a Chef or Sous Chef
- Proven effective supervisory skills, knowledge of food preparation, food costing and quality control procedures
- Prior work experience in a high volume production setting with experience in off-site catering, and kitchen management
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to effectively motivate, direct, and lead assigned employees; charismatic leader
- Proficient in performing many tasks simultaneously while at the same time making sure all details are properly addressed in those tasks
- A dedication to understanding & exceeding customer expectations. A high energy level or sense of urgency in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Strong business acumen; organized and methodical team-oriented worker
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, flexible, and able to work independently; ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- A valid Drivers License
Who to Contact:
We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.
No calls from recruiters please!